At Christmas time we reported that we had mold in our home. We had three small spots and one very large spot. Our insurance company dealt okay with us. (They told us is was our fault because we had too many plants. Uh, yeah! How many plants do we have you might ask, zero!!) The contractor that rebuilt our house after the fire has been just fabulously wonderful to work with. I'd recommend them to anyone. It seems that God has blessed us again. The mold is in the sheet rock only. It wasn't in the insulation or the house framing. So the repairs are minimal. Yea, God!
Mike's Mom Sandy is going to be put in assisted living. She can no longer manage on her own. Her husband, Fred is going to retire and stay at home. Please pray for them in this time of transition. The family has been invited to go their home to help pack and pick items for themselves. It is sad day for the Van Hofwegens.
Other news. Mike and I received a letter of condolence for the loss of our first baby. Our loss was three years ago and our church never really acknowledged it pubically to my knowledge. I still struggle with sadness from this crushing loss. I made the step to call a grief counselor and we received the condolence card that same day. We are not sure how or why now. Our church has a memorial garden each Easter and I always buy a plant to remember Hope. Perhaps this is how they found out. What a coincidence. I am so touched at their thoughts for us. It seemed like a touch from God that it is okay to still grieve and that Hope's loss is as important to Him as it is to me and He cares for me through the sad days.
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment