Hello!
Not a lot has been happening around here lately. Two weeks ago we learned that Mike wasn't going to be called back to work this spring. We were surprise and devastated. We weren't sure what to do so we decided to look for work and trust God to provide. (When Gianna was born, it was during Mike's layoff and I was off for 10 weeks w/ only three weeks fully covered in pay. We never missed a mortgage or credit card payment, so we have had experience with God's providence) I asked Mike to call his job so we could plan G's return to daycare. That's when we found out. That's the surprise. We were devastated because he's been laid off for 4 months already and would only have about 2 months to find a job. Not a long time in this economy. I origanlly figured Mike would return to work on April 13th. On Tuesday this week, a former supervisor, called and offered him a position within the same company, but at a different location because of Mike's diligence and hard work. Mike went back to work today, 4/8, that's five days earlier than expected. God is soooo good! Our daycare provider was willing to take her back with less than 24 hours notice. How cool was that!
We are excited for Easter. Sri and Vivian will be joining us for church that morning. I got Gianna an adorable outfit. I have kept it in the closet so she hasn't seen it yet. I pulled it out this morning to get the sweater out for G. She look at the shoe box, looked at me and opened it, she gasped and said with awe, "I got new shoes!" Looks like we have a shoe horse on hand!
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment