Here is a cute picture of Gianna playing in the pot and pan drawer.
I've been working on putting a room together for Gianna. Now that Sri has moved out and started her own family, we want to move Gianna into that room. We got a toddler bed at a rummage sale for $25.00 and I painted it yellow. When Gianna was born her Aunt Janice sent her a Carebear blanket and pillow. So I decided to decorate her room in Carebears, which of course, isn't in style, so it was to E-bay I went to find things.
We got four plug-in plates that have safety covers each with their own Carebear on it. The Valence is an exact match to the pillow that Aunt Janice made. On the walls, we put jumbo stickers to add a little fun without having to put up wallpaper. The Light Switch plate was just plain cute. The alarm clock has a projection globe that puts moons & stars on the ceiling at night. It is really neat.
I got two sets of organizers from the LTD Commodoties Catalog. They were smaller than I thought, however they worked just fine. Gianna loves to carry the drawers around and empty them out! The rocking chair is from my sister Sandy and Gianna loves to rock by herself like a big girl.
We left one of the walls the dark blue that Sri picked when she moved in. I found a star sponge and put up the stars. One of them dripped, so I made tails for the star. Unfortunately, the tails make the star look like it is blasting off instead of falling. So I'm going to tell G that is the star that takes her prayers to heaven. The collage is from her pictures at Spirit Grove. Each day Gianna points to it and says, "Baby." I'm not sure she understands that it is her. Last is the bed that I painted for her with Aunt Janice's gifts. The paint job looks much better in the pics than for real! Gianna has spent one and half nights in her big girl bed. She isn't quite ready for it yet, but she loves to play on it and hates it when the cats use it to nap on.




No comments:
Post a Comment