Thursday, June 11, 2009

Amazed!

As much as I have been looking forward to our trip to Wisconsin, I've been dreading the long drive with a two year old. I stand amazed! Gianna was such a good girl! She never once fussed the whole way. When I picked her up from daycare I had a hot dog ready for her. It was the first thing she asked for. I decided not to start on toys or games or Curious George until she was bored. We were 2 1/2 hours into the trip before the first toy. I kept asking her is she needed to go potty or get changed. She kept saying no, and then she announced she had an "icky" and we stopped. We didn't stop again until an hour from our destination. I got KFC at the drive through and she ate two chicken strips, mac and cheese and 1/2 a biscuit. A huge dinner for my small eater. We stopped 10 minutes later to change the DVD, then we stopped 10 minutes later because her sippy cup was MIA and we stopped 20 minutes later for gas. (I could have avoided the last stop if I'd paid attention to the gage when we stopped to find the sippy cup!) All in all she was an angel. We got to my dad's only 15 minutes later then expected!

When we neared my dad's, she started talking about Grandpa. I only told her twice where we were going. When we pulled into the driveway, she started talking about the puppy. I'm not sure you'd call Reggie a puppy, he's more like a moose, but always supremely gentle with Gianna. She hasn't been here since December, but she remembered her visit. Again, I'm impressed.

As we got out of the car she asked to potty and did it. Potty training is under way in earnest. Finally! My dad was impressed she could do the pull up by herself. She asked to go to sleep right away which surprised me, however, she didn't go to sleep. She ran out and gave Grandpa a huge hug and kiss. My dad was surprised and delighted.

We didn't go to sleep until around 11. She was too squirrely after the trip to settle down in any type of way. I found out the pack and play no longer works for her. She can climb out. I'm going to find a way to leave it in WI if I can. Maybe someone from my family could use it?

No comments: